Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Works for me Wednesday--Kitchen Edition



Disclaimer: This is is a combination cute-story-about-Nathaniel/recipe-recommendation/toddler-tip, as opposed to a really novel idea.



Yesterday I was making the Son of Manic Meatloaf (from Saving Dinner's Mega Menu Mailer Volume 1), which gets an A+ rating from Ben (meaning I make it at least once a month). By some odd chance, I had the bright idea of assembling two (cooking one for dinner and freezing the other for later) BEFORE I went to the store, so I had all of the ingredients for a double batch. Nathaniel had a great time mushing and mixing the one for the freezer (double bagged for freezer and mushing safety), then driving his car on it for about 20 minutes. 20 minutes of toddler-occupying bliss! So I got the kitchen cleaned up, we had a yummy dinner, and there's another one in the freezer....it totally worked for me. =)







Check out more marvelous ideas at Rocks in my Dryer.

1 comment:

Christin said...

That's wonderful! I'm going to try to keep this one in the ever darkening recesses of my brain.

Nathaniel is quite handsome. He looks so proud of the roads he created for his car. I love it.