Friday, January 26, 2007

"My Father's Joy"




I really, really wanted to get a newborn picture of Abby, so we took her in to Chad Mahlum
when she was 1 month old. I wanted a picture of just her, and he suggested having one of us wear a black shirt to hold her but fade into the background. Since my black shirts all had spit up on them, Ben got the honor. He got peed, pooped, and spit up on during the shoot, but he also got this great picture. And it is especially significant to me because of the meaning of her name--my father's joy.

4 comments:

kirsten said...

What a special & beautiful picture, Jessica!! I am sure your family will cherish that photo always.

Jen said...

Wow! So beautiful!

Rebecca said...

Amazing picture. What a wonderful idea. I love father-daughter shots. There is something so special about that relationship. I can't wait (Lord willing!) to see Josh with a daughter

Nicol Clark said...

Saw you stopped by my site today and realized I was probably behind on your posts - sure enough :P. This photo is SO precious - definitely worth whatever Ben endured during the shoot :). What a treasure!!

Abby is growing so quickly!! She's such a beautiful little girl, but then with her genes, I never expected anything else. :) And way to go Nathaniel for taking his independence by the horns and hitting the hill by himself - even dragging his own sled! :)

The ice climbing looks AWESOME!!!